- Domestic and family violence summits urge Queenslanders to act 28 October 2014Press Release
The Honourable Campbell Newman
Some of Australia’s leading experts on domestic and family violence have joined forces to tackle one of the modern scourges of society at the Premier’s Special Task Force Summit in Brisbane.
Premier Campbell Newman said the summit would gain invaluable insights into the issues and challenges of domestic violence and establish better ...
- Former Governor-General chairs new Domestic Violence Taskforce 12 August 2014Former Governor-General, the Honourable Quentin Bryce AD CVO, will chair a Special Taskforce on domestic and family violence that will undertake a comprehensive and co-ordinated review to make Queensland as safe and secure as possible for women and families.
Premier Campbell Newman announced the establishment of the Special Taskforce that will lead state-wide consultation with the ...
- 2014 Valentine’s Day Media Release 14 February 2014WALK 100KM FOR THE 2 PEOPLE WHO DIE
FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE EVERY WEEK IN AUSTRALIA.
Today, Valentine’s Day, marks the one-year anniversary of the death of Reeva Steekkamp. She was allegedly shot dead by her boyfriend Paralympics star, Oscar Pistorius according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
According to ABC News, Simon Gittany was sentenced to 26 years ...
- Vice-Chancellor vs CEO Carnival Challenge Launched 19 September 2013
16 September 2013
USQ Vice-Chancellor Professor Jan Thomas and Toowoomba Chamber of Commerce and Industry CEO Greg Johnson today launched their annual Vice-Chancellor vs CEO Carnival Challenge.
This is the second year of the Challenge and it will see both the Vice-Chancellor and CEO wear brightly coloured tropical shirts on each day of the 2013 Carnival of ...
- Unitywater partners the Lions Emergency Accommodation Centre (LEAC) in Nambour 18 September 2013
Unitywater media release
The Lions Emergency Accommodation Centre (LEAC) in Nambour is to receive a helping hand from Unitywater under the banner of national charity Australia’s CEO Challenge.
Australia’s CEO Challenge aims to prevent and alleviate the effects of domestic violence. As a result of its involvement, Unitywater has signed up to a three year partnership with ...